Benefits of Membership in the Consular Corps College
Promoting Excellence, Facilitating Connections, and Honing Skills
Membership benefits include subscription to our quarterly publication and access to materials and top notch training to increase professional consular skills.
The Annual Consular Corps College Symposium offers:
- Programs with speakers covering the entire spectrum of consular duties
- The opportunity to earn both the Certificate in Consular Training and the Certificate in Advanced Consular Training
- Unparalleled Networking Opportunities where you can meet other consular colleagues from across the United States and talk with top Federal Officials who deal with consular affairs and issues
Our professional quarterly publication, “The Consular|Diplomatic Forum,” provides information on a vast array of consular topics, as well as other subjects of interest and importance for both career and honorary consular officers. Stay abreast of what is new with
- Articles covering important issues from the offices of Consular Affairs and OFM in the Department of State and USCIS, CBP, and ICE in the Department of Homeland Security
- Information submitted by sister consular corps and/or consular officers across the United States on best practices, initiatives, and ideas for performing duties more efficiently
- Regular articles discussing legal matters, including immunities and sovereign rights
- Stories covering international events involving the consular and diplomatic communities around the country
- A different country profile each issue
- Continuously updated information on the Annual Consular Corps College Symposium
- A platform for members to promote their Sending Nations
The Members Only Section of the Consular Corps College Web Site delivers:
- Access to a large library of resources for the Honorary Consul General and Honorary Consul
- Membership Directory for Consular Corps College Members, searchable by name and country
- Directory of sister Consular Corps across the U.S.
- Access to presentation slides from previous Symposia
- An interactive Contact US section where members can seek advice and share experiences with other members anywhere in the United States
- Archived Newsletters with valuable information and updates
Three Categories of Membership
As of 2014, there are 3 categories of members: Full Members, comprising career and honorary consular officers and current and former Protocol Officers, Associate Members, open to consular staff, and Corporate Members, made up of a very select number of nationwide organizations that provide services directly connected to the execution of consular duties. Annual dues are $125.00 for Members, $75.00 for Associate Members, and $1,000.00 for Corporate Members.
Join now and start reaping the benefits of membership.
To join, simply download the appropriate Membership Form, (Full Member, Associate Member, or Corporate Member), complete it, and send it with your check for the corresponding annual dues made payable to:
The Consular Corps College
The Consular Corps College
4804 Enfield Road
Bethesda, MD 20814